Effective treatment for
...and much more
Understanding Hypnosis: 12 Myths and Benefits
Hypnosis is a powerful and effective tool to help create positive changes in your life. With an experienced professional Hypnotherapist, you can achieve numerous personal goals. The health benefits of hypnotherapy are not widely understood with many misconceptions perpetuated through entertaining stage hypnotists and movie characters.
MYTHS ABOUT HYPNOSIS
1) THE SWINGING POCKET WATCH – There’s no swinging pocket watch and you will not fall asleep. Do expect to relax and feel a pleasant, calm sense of well-being.
2) YOU WILL DO OR SAY SOMETHING AGAINST YOUR WILL – There are no magic words that will trigger anyone to bark like a dog or cluck like a chicken. Hypnosis is a natural state of mind that we all pass through several times a day in our environments; such as while driving, being engrossed in reading, watching a show and before falling asleep each night.
3) SINGLE TREATMENT – The experienced Hypnotherapist will assess your needs to customize a program to help you achieve your goals over a series of sessions. Hypnotherapy tends to be a shorter process than traditional psychotherapy alone. Often those that have participated in traditional talk therapy intellectually understand the reasons for their negative behaviors and emotions yet continue to repeat similar patterns in their lives.
4) MIND CONTROL – Hypnosis allows access to your subconscious mind functions but you are still in control. In fact, 80% of our mind’s processes are driven by automatic conditioned responses within our subconscious. Through the use of positive suggestions in a relaxed state of mind and body, the Hypnotherapist can help to recondition your subconscious to respond in a more positive manner.
BENEFITS OF HYPNOTHERAPY
5) DECREASE ANXIETY AND STRESS
6) CONTROL WEIGHT
7) STOP SMOKING
8) REDUCE DEPRESSION
9) MANAGE PAIN
10) OVERCOME ADDICTIONS
11) INCREASE SELF CONFIDENCE
12) IMPROVE RELATIONSHIPS
Hypnotherapy is a safe, effective therapeutic tool to create positive changes in anyone’s life. During your first session with a Hypnotherapist, expect to review your personal goals, receive a complete explanation of how hypnosis works and what to expect at each session…..then, enjoy being guided through a motivating, transformative experience.
Amy Pesceone MFT
MFT, CHT, License #MFC39739